Monday, December 28, 2020

20 Dec 2008 ~ Saturday Travel Day

Image Source: Uniworld.com

 Danube Holiday Markets with Uniworld

Met Paul ~ from last Christmas' Rhine River cruise ~ at the Atlanta airport.  

Flight left ATL at 4:45p EST, should arrive in Munich, Germany at 8a local.  Paul flying Business Class, I'm back in Economy.  Could not sleep so watched movies all night:  Wanted; Hellboy II; and Fred Clause.

We took a bus from the Munich airport to Passau, rained all the way and still raining when we got to there. A nap was next on my itinerary!

*~*

I was super excited about this trip.  It took me to Salzburg, Austria where we visited as kids when we lived in Germany.  I still remember putting on black pants and tops over our clothes, with a little matching black cap, and [riding a trolley cart through the salt mines.]  Somewhere in the Wisconsin storage unit that I was forced to give up, there is a small box with six different blocks of salt that they used to mine.  One of the small blocks is smooth on the top from where I used to lick it when I was a child.  Yeah, gross to think about doing it now.  There is also my baby book, which I think may even have a photo of us in those funny little outfits.

~*~

My scrapbook from this trip was also left in that damned storage unit, so I have rebuilt memories from what photos I can find, links, and information from the UniWorld website.  I am missing all of the postcards I collected and sent to myself, and most unfortunately some souvenirs that I brought home from that trip.  But the memories remain, and I suppose are the one tangible thing we always keep.  I've reached out to members of the Reddit community to see if I can get postcards of some places I visited.  Eventually, I also hope that UniWorld will be able to access their archives and provide me with menus and specific daily itineraries.

That said, I can tell you that the food was amazing, delicious, incredible, and I made sure to try something new and different meal.  The crew was gracious, friendly, and always helpful.

I have been unable to find some of my digital photos, and suspect that in that effing unit is also an external hard drive with them on it.  Oh well.  In my next life, I will be a little more organized and much less interested in marriage to a-holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

20 Dec 2008 ~ Saturday Travel Day

Image Source: Uniworld.com   Danube Holiday Markets with Uniworld Met Paul ~ from last Christmas' Rhine River cruise ~ at the Atlanta ai...